ANNOUNCEMENT: PRE-CONFERENCE OPPORTUNITY AT AIB

*INAUGURAL SOCIAL SECTOR VISIT*

*Friday June 26th, 2:30-5:00 PM*

To: AIB 2015 Conference Attendees

From: Nakiye A. Boyacigiller, AIB President

Working together with our local host Professor S. Raghunath and his wife
Usha Raghunath, a team of AIB members (Rosalie Tung, Sri Zaheer, Susan
Mudambi, Susan Gupta, and myself) have sought to identify a worthwhile non
governmental organization for interested AIB members to visit. The idea
here is to get out of the conference environment to see first hand how
innovative social organizations are dealing with some of India’s key
challenges.

We have two organizations that have agreed to host visiting delegations
(you need to choose one or the other) on the afternoon of *Friday June
26th*. The
visits will be from 2:30 pm-5:00 pm.

1)     *APSA, *Association for Promoting Social Action. APSA started in
1981 as a crisis intervention center and since then has supported more than
15, 000 children in distress: child laborers, street children, victims of
abuse, trafficked and abandoned children. http://www.apsabangalore.org

2)     *CWC,* Concerned for Working Children.  The CWC, was founded in 1986
has been working to empower working children to organize themselves to
identify and solve problems. The CWC was nominated for the Nobel Peace
Prize in every year since 2012. http://www.concernedforworkingchildren.org

Space is limited. We have 30 slots for each visit. Please email your
interest to Susan Mudambi: [log in to unmask] indicating whether you
would like to visit APSA or CWC.  Information on where the buses will be
leaving from will be in the final program.

We look forward to seeing you on one of these visits. This is the start of
what we hope will become an AIB tradition of more closely engaging with our
local host communities.

*Email me to sign up for this amazing learning opportunity.*

*Regards,*

*Susan  *

Email [log in to unmask]

--