Dear fellow AIB members,

I am happy to announce the publication of the inaugural issue of an international, interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal, the Journal of Strategic Contracting and Negotiation.  A list of contributions for the first issue follows.  An initiative between Sage Publications and the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management, JSCAN begins with a worldwide circulation of over 30,000 academics, managers and policy makers, and we plan to expand its reach. Among other efforts, all scholarly articles are translated into 1000 word executive summaries for our corporate and government practitioner audience and we are engaging in active media outreach of topical research.  We have some wonderful contributions over the next few issues; we also warmly welcome your articles and ideas for special issues.  You can find more information on JSCAN’s scope and aims by clicking here

All articles in the first issue are free for AIB members.

Usha C. V. Haley, Tyrone S Pitsis  and David Van Slyke

Welcome to the inaugural issue of the Journal of Strategic Contracting and Negotiation (JSCAN)

Essay

·       Tim Cummins
Strategic contracting  as a source of organizational success

Articles

·       Robert B Handfield, Marcos Primo, and Marcos Paulo Valadares de Oliveira

The role of effective relationship management in successful large oil and gas projects: Insights from procurement executives

·       Fabrice Lumineau, Stephanie Eckerd, and Sean Handley

Inter-organizational conflicts: Research overview, challenges, and opportunities

·       Deanna Malatesta and Craig R Smith

Deciding who’s in charge: Factors driving the choice of decision rights in professional service contracts

·       Edward C Tomlinson and Roy J Lewicki

The negotiation of contractual agreements

Thank you.

Usha Haley

--

Usha C. V. Haley, PhD

Director of Scholarly Impact (PTC, Academy of Management)

Professor of Management, West Virginia University, College of Business & Economics

PO Box 6025, 1601 University Ave., Morgantown, WV 26506-6025

E-mail: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]

Office: 1-304-293-7948 Tel/Fax: 1-212-208-2468

Latest Articles: Antenarratives of organizational change (Human Relations, forthcoming 2015);

Storytelling internationalization (Journal of International Business Studies, 2014)

Latest Book: Subsidies to Chinese Industry - See book reviews in the Economist, S+B,

coverage in ITIF Summer 2014 Reading, BusinessWeek, Financial Times, Wall Street Journal,

& analysis of methodology in the Economist (Aug 2014).