The spelling on "inderscience" in the previous email was incorrect. The url http://www.inderscience.com/ijmcs is correct and works. Please re-distribute. Thank you for your help in advance.
The Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Multinational Corporation Strategy (IJMCS) would like to inform you of the birth of this new journal in the domain of international business and invite you to consider submitting a research paper for an upcoming issue. The homepage of the journal is www.inderscience.com/ijmcs. For further information please also see information on the journal below:
Moving from a domestic firm to a multinational corporation (MNC) innately entails the liabilities of foreignness as firms do not exactly know the actualities of foreign business environments. Thus, international business scholars have long been raising, and continue to do so, the question of why MNCs invest across borders and how they maximize earnings in unfamiliar markets. In the ongoing search for solutions, scholars realize in particular that they need to grapple with appropriate MNC strategies, and IJMCS provides a venue for exploration in this research area.
The objectives of the journal are to discuss any and all aspects of multinational corporation strategies, such as innovation, corporate social responsibility, knowledge management, market entry strategies, foreign business environments and corporate governance, etc. By doing this, this journal will function as an effective conduit helping to communicate crucial strategic knowledge between MNC managers, policy makers, academic institutions, educators and scholars studying international business and strategy in the global context.
This journal publishes original papers, either qualitative or quantitative, which provide managerial and practical implications based on rigorous empirical evidence. In addition, it seeks research papers applying, extending and building theory and/or theoretical concepts that can impact the general discipline of international business. The editor also welcomes literature reviews, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues focusing on important topics in multinational corporation strategy will also be published from time to time.
• Multinational corporation strategy and governance
• Global business strategy
• New international business models
• International dimensions of local firm strategy
• Multinational corporations based on emerging and developing markets
• Corporate strategies in global environments
• Multinational innovation strategy
• The strategy and organizational structure of multinational corporations
• Global trade and investment environment
• Foreign market entry strategies for multinational corporations
• Corporate social responsibility
• Knowledge management strategy
• Research methods for multinational corporation strategy
• Theories on multinational corporations and foreign direct investment
Dr. Byung Il Park
Professor of International Business
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
College of Business
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Editor in Chief: International Journal of Multinational Corporation Strategy