To AIB: Kindly post the following. Thanks.

Dear AIB Colleagues

An Aeronautics International Meta-University is being established in India
with the support and initial sponsorship of Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. - the
leading aircraft defence PSU in India. The mandate for the University is to
help augment the existing skill and talent pool in India for the entire
value-chain through international and global collaborations for aircrafts
and helicopters including design, assembly, sourcing, production, avionics,
maintenance and overhaul, advanced materials research for components, etc.
As you might be aware India has embarked upon an audacious 'Make-in-India
programme for manufacturing hi-technology goods. The country is already one
of the biggest markets for defence equipment procurement.

While our Team is working on the structure, content and shape of the
University and international collaborations, I request colleagues amongst
you who have experience on the following broad topics to please share with
me:

a)       Concept of Meta-University and if there are any good examples of
the same;

b)       The nature and degree courses that can be offered in the
short-term, say, within 3 years' time-frame;

c)        The names and email ids of colleagues (or anyone known to you)
across the world are offering any courses relating to Aeronautics
Engineering;

d)       Willingness to teach at the University (we will this also create a
database in the process for future references);

e)       Possible industry-academic-research Institutional international
collaboration linkages. (For instance I am aware of some of the
Institutional collaborations of Boeing, Airbus, Mitsubishi, etc.)

This list is not exhaustive but only suggestive.

Your assistance will help us start on a strong foot. It will also open the
doors for future Institutional collaborations and individual-level
cooperation.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kindest regards.

Dr. Arun Kumar Jain

Professor of Strategy, Tech-Innovation and Corporate Governance

Indian Institute of Management- Lucknow; Noida Campus, NOIDA (India)

Co-Chair-Advisory Board: HAL Aeronautics University (under establishment);

Indp Director and Board  Member: Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.; Jain Irrigation
Systems Ltd.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.