Research Participant Opportunity: Free English Test for your Child!

For children ages 8 to 10

(Chinese flyer attached below)

Dr. Paula Winke and two Ph.D. students of the Second Language Studies (SLS) program
invite young learners of English to take part in a research study investigating the test taking
behaviors of young English learners and their thoughts about the tests. This will be a perfect
opportunity for those of you who have been wondering how well your child is doing in
English reading and speaking. You will be able to have your child take free English
diagnostic reading and speaking tests and even get paid!

We will have your child?
- Take computer-based English reading and speaking tests for about 30 to 40 minutes
- Talk with us (in your first language) about how he or she felt during testing
- And draw a picture of his or her feeling during testing

We will have your child pick a toy or a book from a treasure chest after the testing session.

We will also have you (parents or guardians)?
- Be present during the session with your child

- Fill out a short questionnaire about your child?s language learning background.

We will give you feedback and provide you with your child's test scores.

We will provide food and drinks during the testing session.

We will pay a $40 Meijer gift card after the two testing sessions.

If you are interested?
- Email or call Shinhye Lee at [log in to unmask] or 517-488-9780.

- All testing is held at Wells Hall, MSU (room B407)