What do farm-to-table food and Lansing-made herbal teas have in common?  Both are coming to the Avenue Cafe, in Lansing?s Eastside.  Local business, HerBlends of Plenty, will be assuming management over the Avenue?s kitchen later this spring.  Furthermore,  the hours of operation at the Avenue will expand starting in the summer, with the space serving as a teahouse during the earlier hours.

To create ?Abundance at the Avenue Cafe? we asking for the support of the community.  We have recently launched a crowdfunding campaign to facilitate pre-paying for food and tea options (and other perks), providing us access to the funds that will ease our transition and expedite meeting all of our goals.

"Abundance" shall encompass:

--farm-to-table food options, ranging from inexpensive options
 (a cup of soup, a plate of roasted veggies. . . ) to fancier meals

--a teahouse, which will extend the hours of operation to allow not only for tea, but also farm-to-table options for breakfast/lunchtime

--herbal tea production using local, sustainable sources

--a community supported kitchen (CSK) -- Similar to a CSA, people will sign up for several weeks worth of food, except the CSK will be taking the local, sustainably grown produce (and meat, for the omnivore option) and making it into prepared meals.  CSK members can sign up for 1 or multiple meals a week, and have a few choices to select on a particular day.  The meal will then be available for takeout or delivery, or to be eaten at the Avenue.

--a small fresh market; any fresh food that?s not purchased right away will be moved into the kitchen and made into prepared meals

The Avenue Cafe will continue to host live music and have craft beers on tap; it will function as a shared space.

We will also implement a pay-it-forward fund to help feed those in need; we are committed to finding creative ways to make food more accessible in our community; we?re also committed to supporting the local economy.

Besides contributing to our campaign, we would greatly appreciate sharing this with your friends and people in the Greater Lansing area.  We appreciate you support, together we are creating ?Abundance.?

Tea the Change . . . you want in Lansing.
Kirk Green, CEO
HerBlends of Plenty