Ditto what Alan said; it's so easy to overlook, but for both the voice call to the office phone and the SMS to my personal cell, it wants the 11-digit phone number starting with 1. I expect a lot of people to get tripped up on that, since just about everything else these days wants or can use a 10-digit phone number.

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 4:32 PM Pilkenton, Alan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I ran into same situation.  Did you put a “1” in front of the phone number?  I had to for it to send the SMS.

Alan Pilkenton | Educational Media Coordinator

Michigan State University  Extension | Children & Youth Institute

From: Al Puzzuoli [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 4:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Not Receiving SMS Messages Registering for Two-Factor?

I’m helping two people who have tried to register for Two-Factor; but for whatever reason, they are not able to receive the initial code via SMS. One person has Verizon and the other has Sprint. They are entering their phone numbers correctly, and the registration site indicates that a code has been sent. Is anyone else seeing this?

Al Puzzuoli

Information Technologist

Michigan State University,

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities,  120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915

http://www.rcpd.msu.edu