I have read all of the comments on this topic so far, and value the opinions of those who have taken the time to discuss the broader picture about the role and efforts of scientists in publication, and the general level of profiteering that takes place at our expense. To have those points be dismissed as a focus on whether or not we like page charges, when we were discussing the amount of time and effort that freely give to the publishing endeavor, only to get charged in the end to read our own works, shows a lack of respect and understanding for the points some of us are trying to make.  I did not find the early stages of this discussion directed at any individuals - in fact I saw the posts taking great care to keep it directed at the community. There is no call or need for personal attacks on this board. I won't support that level of discourse from any community that I'm a part of, so this will be my last post on the issue. Adios.