Keynote Speakers:  Kathy Eisenhardt, Stanford W. Ascherman Professor at Stanford University and Charles Snow, AGSM Unilever Visiting Professor at UNSW Australia Business School.

Day 1 will focus on doctoral student development with presentations by advanced doctoral candidates followed by detailed Q&A and roundtable feedback provided by experienced faculty. Day 2 will focus on faculty presentations of current working papers and early stage work in progress.

Tentative Program Schedule

Doctoral Workshop: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm Saturday, September 19, 2015

Conference Dinner: 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm Saturday, September 19, 2015

Main Program: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm Sunday, September 20, 2015

Location: University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia

Submission Deadline:  Friday, May 15, 2015

Acceptance Notification:  Monday, June 1, 2015

Doctoral Workshop:  The doctoral student workshop is open to students in the advanced stages of their dissertations. The format will be highly interactive. Senior scholars will provide developmental feedback on students’ research topics, theory development, methodologies, and results. Students should submit a vita, a 1-page summary of their research topic and stage in the doctoral program, and a 5-page extended abstract of a working paper from their dissertation. Please submit materials with the subject line: “SIE Doctoral Workshop.”

Main Program Working Paper Proposals:  We invite high quality conceptual and empirical papers covering the full spectrum of topics within strategy, innovation, & entrepreneurship. We are open to a wide variety of methodological approaches and theoretical perspectives. Authors who wish to present their papers at the symposium should electronically submit a 5-page extended abstract of the paper. We encourage proposals for papers that are under development for submission to journals and major conferences. Please submit paper proposals with the subject line: “SIE Paper Submission.”

Main Program Very Early Stage Papers: We also invite submissions of very early stage research ideas. Please submit a 2-page abstract of your idea including the topic and key research questions, the theoretical framework and model, proposed methods, and expected contributions. Early stage papers will be allocated a shorter presentation time than more advanced working papers. Please submit early work-in-progress with the subject line:  “SIE WIP.”

Click here link to download this call for papers as a pdf file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/atb3n2atmhs5hou/SIE%20Symposium%20Call%20for%20Papers%20%20%28UNSW%20Australia%2C%202015%29.pdf?dl=0

Please send all submissions electronically to Allya Koesoema (email: [log in to unmask]). Attendance will be limited to 50 scholars to ensure all sessions are highly interactive. Catering included for coffee breaks and lunch for both days plus dinner on Saturday.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Symposium at UNSW Australia!

Joe Cheng, Shayne Gary, and Allya Koesoema (organizing committee).

Professor Joe Cheng
Michael J. Crouch Chair in Innovation and Director
Australian Innovation & Competitiveness Initiative
UNSW Business School
(formerly Australian School of Business)
University of New South Wales
Sydney, NSW 2052 Australia
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: +61 (2) 9385-8806