For anyone that has not yet seen the news, we are very pleased to report
that in the recently released Association of Business Schools (ABS)
Academic Journal Guide 2015, the Journal of International Business
Studies (JIBS) is ranked as a 4* world elite journal. You can read this
new journal rankings guide on-line (you have to register) at:

http://www.bizschooljournals.com/

In this guide the world elite club that JIBS has now joined consists of
the top 33 journals out of a total 1,401, which puts us in the top 2.4%
of all academic journals in the business and management fields. As a
general indication of where this evaluation of journal quality places
JIBS, we are ranked in the same highest category as journals such as
e.g. the Academy of Management Journal (in Management), the American
Economic Review (in Economics), the Journal of Finance (in Finance), the
Journal of Marketing (in Marketing), or the Annual Review of Sociology
(in the Social Sciences).

You may also be interested in this link to an article (published in the
Times Higher Educational Supplement) that discusses the significance of
belonging to the world elite group in these latest business journal
rankings:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/world-elite-of-business-journals-unveiled-by-ranking/2018722.article

This article also provides the full list of the 33 journals in the 4*
world elite category.

We are most grateful to the hard work of everyone that has helped to
produce this excellent result for JIBS. If there are still schools that
use for promotion and tenure purposes a journal ranking list in which
JIBS is not placed in the highest category, please draw the attention of
your faculty colleagues to this latest journal guide. As you will see,
it is based on a thorough independent assessment of a very wide range of
journals.

Best regards
John Cantwell
(Editor-in-Chief, Journal of International Business Studies)

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.