We are currently recruiting 2 summer AmeriCorps members and as well as a few interns with the Garden Project and Lansing Roots. Since we are recruiting for quite a few positions, full position descriptions and instructions on how to apply are just linked to our website.

GREATER LANSING FOOD BANK SEEKING 2 SUMMER AMERICORPS MEMBERS & SUMMER INTERNS!

COMMUNITY GARDEN AND INCUBATOR FARM POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

The Greater Lansing Food Bank Garden Project & Lansing Roots are seeking two full-time summer AmeriCorps members to serve from May – September to help with garden coordination and incubator farm development.  The goals for these positions is to increase consumption of healthy foods and reduce food insecurity through gardening and food distribution.  Click for full position descriptions of the  GP Growing & Giving Coordinator  and the Lansing Roots Farm & Garden Assistant.  These are paid positions with an additional educational award received at completion of the service term. Along with the living allowance and educational award, members can also receive loan forbearance for qualified student loans. Applications are due MARCH 26th!

AmeriCorps, commonly known as the “Domestic Peace Corps,” is a national service program that offers members a chance to participate in direct service within their communities. In the Lansing Area community, our focus is reducing chronic disease for residents. We do this by: 1) educating community members of all ages about healthy lifestyles, 2) reducing obesity and food insecurity through food distributions and gardening programs, and 3) promoting affordable exercise options.  There are also additional positions around the Capital area to serve with the Power of We Consortium’s AmeriCorps State program

Both Lansing Roots & Garden Project have INTERNSHIPS available for great applicants this summer as well.  Apply now!

Katie Kabot | Garden Resource Coordinator

greater lansing food bank

mailing: p.o. box 16224 | lansing, mi 48901

office: 919 filley | lansing, mi 48906

p: 517.853.7806 f: 517.853.7817 | www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org

Serving Eaton, Ingham, Clinton, Shiawassee, Gratiot, Isabella & Clare counties.

       FaceBook-icon  Twitter-icon   You-Tube-icon