Good afternoon,

It is that time of year again, the Power of We Consortium is recruiting 9 new AmeriCorps members for the summer of 2015!

Please forward this message to your members/partners interested in paid positions in Lansing. Members will serve May 5th, 2015-September 4th, 2015  and receive training, a living allowance, an educational award at the completion of the service term, and loan forbearance for qualified student loans.

Commonly known as the “Domestic Peace Corps,” AmeriCorps is a national service program that offers paid positions with significant professional development opportunities to individuals of all ages looking to make a difference in our community. They spend their days face-to-face with community members and volunteers. The Power of We Consortium focuses on three goals to reduce obesity and related chronic disease for Ingham County residents:
1) nutrition education
2) food donation and gardening
3) exercise promotion
Please check http://powerofwe.org/americorps/americorps-state/position-openings/ <http://powerofwe.org/americorps/americorps-state/position-openings/> for more details and application instructions. Deadline to apply is March 26th by 5p.m.

For more information about the Power of We Consortium and the AmeriCorps State program, please go to powerofwe.org or https://www.facebook.com/pwcamericorps <https://www.facebook.com/pwcamericorps>
If you have any questions, please contact Andrea Villanueva at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Andrea Villanueva

AmeriCorps State Program Director
The Power of We Consortium
Ingham County Human Services Building
5303 S. Cedar St., Suite 2400
Lansing, MI 48909
Office: 517.887.4558  |  Fax: 517.887.4310
E-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

 <http://www.powerofwe.org/> <http://www.facebook.com/powerofweconsortium>  <https://twitter.com/PowerofWe1>  <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9nfDHKMAqk>

"Strengthening Community Connections for Action"