this is a friendly reminder that the Michigan Organic Reporting Session will be March 13- Friday from 9-4 on MSU campus at Brody hall Rm 136. This year our theme is weed management and soil health in organic systems. The research presentations will be provided by Dr Erin Hill featuring weed management impact on beans.  Dan Kane will present on ridge tillage management of weeds. Following these presentations farmers using various approaches to weed management and building their soil will share in a panel format. Then all participants wi be invited to ID top priorities (3-4 in the group) and work with a team to develop an outline for a research grant.
I will have grant opportunities and descriptions available to guide the outline. We anticipate that a few groups of farmers and researchers will continue to develop a proposal that offers on farm research with a team of farmers even after the event. The teams will includeExtension, researchers and consultants or advisory members.
Register for this event by March 5 at www.michigan.organic.msu.edu
Look forward to seeing all of you at this event.
All the best.
Vicki

Vicki Morrone
Center for Regional Food Systems
Dept of Community Sustainability
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Mi 48824
517-282-3557
If you would like to access previous postings to the Mich-Organic listserv you can copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar
 http://list.msu.edu/archives/mich-organic.html