Dear Friends,

We are writing to encourage you to submit an abstract and attend the first Earth Educators' Rendezvous<http://serc.carleton.edu/earth_rendezvous/2015/index.html> which will be held from July 13-17 at the University of Colorado, Boulder. We bring this opportunity to your attention for a few key reasons:

1. We are launching a new project focused on synthesizing results of geoscience education research (GER) and considering future directions that will include a variety of opportunities for community involvement and participation.  The Rendezvous is one of those opportunities, and we would like your input.

2. The contributed sessions - oral and poster - will be a great way to share your most recent research, discuss strengths and limitations of various research methods, or address other topics related to education research and/or discipline-based education research.  We are particularly interested in abstracts that focus on key results of GER in various topical areas, methods used to conduct GER, and examples of translating research results into practice at the individual, institutional, and national level. Abstracts are DUE SOON: March 1 and it would be wonderful to have a great set of talks and posters on these topics so please consider submitting an abstract: http://serc.carleton.edu/earth_rendezvous/2015/index.html

3. In addition, we will offer a workshop on "Synthesizing Geoscience Education Research: Where are we?  What is the path forward?"  that will, in part, draw from the presentations and posters in discussions at the Rendezvous. Please consider participating in our workshop. By doing so you will help shape the future of geoscience education research by presenting your research, discussing research methods and strategies for moving your research results into practice, and exploring future directions for GER. Note that the contributed program sessions and the plenary sessions are open to all, while workshop spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Best wishes,

Heather Macdonald, Kristen St John, Anthony Feig, Nicole LaDue, Laura Lukes, Karen McNeal, and Eric Riggs