From: Al Puzzuoli [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Best Practice for Departmental DNS, Forwarder or Root Hints?

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone has outlined a best practice  for configuring departmental DNS servers on campus? Is there a particular server we should be using as a forwarder, or should we just rely on root hints?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Information Technologist

Michigan State University,

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities,  120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915

http://www.rcpd.msu.edu