Back in good old Windows XP, I could configure it so that designated
accounts would not show up on the Windows Welcome screen.  I.e., the
Welcome screen would show icons for some accounts, but to get to my
hidden accounts I would hit <Ctrl><Alt><Del> twice to invoke a screen
where I could type an account name.

As far as I can tell, Microsoft removed that ability with Vista.  Has
anyone found a way around this for Vista or Windows 7?  This is for
ordinary workstations set up as workgroup (not domain) machines.  I
know that I could configure it to require users to always type in an
account name, but that is not what I have in my.  For the convenience
& comfort of these users, I would like to still have account icons
appear on the Welcome screen that they could just click, but then
still have access to some hidden accounts that I could use.

Thanks,
-- dkm