All:

I am sure the rest of you are also either encouraging your undergraduates in their graduate school applications or reviewing applications to your programs (or both). Every year I have to argue with my colleagues about the value of the GRE as a predictive measure of graduate student success. I found this NATURE article published in the summer of 2014, and thought some of you might be interested. I really appreciated the authors' discussion of diversity and STEM, and the role the GRE may be playing in limiting diversity.

http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/articles/10.1038/nj7504-303a

I would love to hear other people's take on this and experiences, as well.

Happy New Year!
Julie