Research Participant Opportunity: Free English Test for your Child!

(Chinese flyer attached below)

Dr. Paula Winke and two Ph.D. students of the Second Language Studies
(SLS) program invite young learners of English to take part in a
research study investigating the test taking behaviors of young
English learners and their thoughts about the tests. This will be a
perfect opportunity for those of you who have been wondering how well
your child is doing in English reading and speaking. You will be able
to have your child take free English diagnostic reading and speaking
tests and even get paid!

We will have your child?
  - Take computer-based English reading and speaking tests for 20-30 minutes
  - Talk with us (in your first language) about how he or she felt
during testing
  - And draw a picture of his or her feeling during testing

We will have your child pick a toy or a book from a treasure chest
after the testing session.

We will also have you (parents or guardians)?
  - Be present during the session with your child

  - Fill out a short questionnaire about your child?s language
learning background.

We will give you feedback and provide you with your child?s test scores.

We will provide food and drinks during the testing session.

We will pay a $40 Meijer gift card after the two testing sessions.

If you are interested?
  - Email or call Shinhye Lee at [log in to unmask] or 517-488-9780.

  - We will set one appointments at a time that is convenient for you!
(We can meet days, evenings, during the week or on weekends!)