Henley Business School at the University of Reading announces the Fifth
Reading - 'UNCTAD International Business Conference, organised in
collaboration with the United Nations Conference on Trade and
Development (UNCTAD).  The 2015 conference is the second in the series
that is jointly organised with UNCTAD. Therefore, in addition to
focusing on conceptual issues in IB, we will also be paying close
attention to policy implications and the importance of MNEs in development.

The conference - which is traditionally held in April - has been moved
to June, in memory of Alan Rugman. A plenary session, commemorating and
extending Alan¹s work by prominent scholars will be organized on the
first day. *The conference will take place at our Reading campus, which
is situated close to London, and Heathrow airport. *

Registration details can be found at www.henley.ac.uk/ibconference2015

The submission deadline for papers is 1 February 2015 (see below for
more details)

·

*Invited Speakers include: Julian Birkinshaw, Mark Casson, Geoffrey
Jones, Peter Buckley, Jean-Francois Hennart, Esteban Garcia-Canal, Alain
Verbeke, Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra *

Debate panels and plenary themes:

·Where is the ‘individual’ in IB research?

·25 years of UNCTAD’s World Investment Reports

·FDI from and to regulated sectors

·Alan Rugman’s contribution to IB and strategy.

**

*We will hold a memorial on the evening of the 13th**at our Greenlands
campus**, so that people may share their reminiscences about the life
and work of Alan in an informal setting.*

*Parallel Sessions: *Submissions for the parallel sessions (at which
papers on all aspects of IB are welcome), must be substantially complete
papers that can be considered for potential publication after the
conference. We are seeking to arrange various publication possibilities.

Previous conference papers have been published in /Journal of Management
Studies/, /European Journal of Development Research/ and /Multinational
Business Review/.

*Alan Rugman memorial theme:*

In addition to our usual parallel sessions, we will also be organising a
number of sessions on topics building on Alan's oeuvre, subdivided into
4 categories (international diversification; internalization theory; MNE
- government relations in the context of FDI; regionalization).  Alain
Verbeke is editing a book on Regional Multinationals for Cambridge
University Press, and submissions for the memorial theme will be
considered for inclusion. There is also a special issue of Multinational
Business review planned, and other outlets are being explored.

*Poster Sessions:*Poster papers may be work-in-progress. Unlike other
conferences, poster sessions are prestigious at Reading, with a large
number of senior participants.

*Submissions for the parallel sessions: *All submissions should be
emailed to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Papers
must be substantially complete, less than 10,000 words, and formatted
according to JIBS guidelines. All submissions must be in MS Word.

Indicate very clearly in the subject of the email and on the coversheet
‘Parallel session’. If they are to be considered for the Rugman-related
sessions, please also indicate this on the coversheet. The final
deadline for submitting a paper is *1 February 2015*. Subsequent
confirmation that your paper has been received and accepted will be sent
via email within 2 weeks.

*Submissions for the Poster sessions:*Abstracts (of up to 500 words)
should be submitted by*1 February 2015 *to: *[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>*.The subject of the email should
begin with the words: ‘Poster Session’. Subsequent confirmation that
your paper has been received and accepted will be sent via email
within 2 weeks after the deadline. Indicate very clearly in the subject
of the email and on the coversheet ‘poster session’.

Registration details can be found at www.henley.ac.uk/ibconference2015
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.henley.ac.uk%2Fibconference2015&sn=null>

Rajneesh Narula
The John H. Dunning Chair in International Business
Henley Business School

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.