It is not too early to think spring!

Garden Leader’s Training 2015

Community gardens provide an opportunity to grow your own healthy food, nourish cooperation, and foster unity and health within a community.  Here at the Garden Project we are planning for our 2015 series of Garden Leader's Trainings (GLT) to begin on February 21stThis is not a gardening class— it is crucial skill training for successful community (gardening) projects. GLT is a chance for community members to gain leadership skills, access local resources, network, share and plan for both new and existing community gardening projects.  Past participants include schools aiming to provide students with hands-on gardening experience and nutrition education; “faith and food” congregations with goals of growing fresh produce for their members and community food banks; health clinics who want to engage their patients in healthy food production; and neighbors and apartment complex dwellers who garden together.  With attendance, there will be opportunities to apply for GP garden resources and startup funding.  By coupling the resources of our local community with people, power and planning, your garden can become more successful… a true neighborhood gem!

So we invite you to attend this interactive series which will take place over 3 Saturday mornings, 9am-12:30pm on February 21st & 28th and March 14th at the Greater Lansing Food Bank’s administrative office located at 919 Filley St., Lansing, 48906  We encourage at least 2 people from each community project to attend.  Donation per session is $5-$30 sliding scale to cover learning materials.

To sign up or learn more about GLT, please call 517-853-7809 or email [log in to unmask]

You can view and print the attached GLT flyer and read our press release here.

We look forward to working with you and please let us know if you have any questions.

Alex Bryan | garden project manager

greater lansing food bank

mailing: p.o. box 16224 | lansing, mi 48901

office: 919 filley | lansing, mi 48906

p: 517.853.7809 f: 517.853.7817 | www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org

Serving Eaton, Ingham, Clinton, Shiawassee, Gratiot, Isabella & Clare counties.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

FaceBook-icon  Twitter-icon   You-Tube-icon