From: Stefan Ozminski [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 2:55 PM
To: Jesse Howard; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] User State Migration Tool

Jesse,

I have had success with USMT doing the kind of thing you ask.  However, starting with Windows Vista, WMI provides functions to manipulate user profiles in place.

I wrote a script that takes advantage of the ChangeOwner method of Win32_UserProfile.  It changes the user profile owner in place, whereas USMT is designed to export the user profile to a file and then reload it.  Changing the owner in place is faster and more effective in that fewer settings get lost.

-Stefan