Daniel and AIB-List readers,

Daniel Diermeier of the Kellogg School of Management and Northwestern University and I recently developed what we believe to be a new best-in-class crisis management simulation together with PRENDO based on the frameworks in our recent books http://www.corporatediplomacy.com and http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/reputationrules/ . A brief blurb follows.

Kerovka Stakeholder Crisis Management Simulation

The KEROVKA crisis management simulation provides managers with the experience of actually managing a crisis. Actions includes making crisis action plan decisions; issuing press releases; communicating with stakeholders via email, phone, meetings, and videoconferences; organizing press conferences; and carrying out trust-building actions. Learning activities include an initial mission briefing; team discussions; and guidance by the session facilitator, who uses a sophisticated tracking system to see what teams are doing in real time. The simulation plays out over a period between 80 and 120 minutes in session time with 3-5 participants playing the role of a country manager accused of an environmental spill. The session concludes with a "what happened and why" debrief based on actual simulation results. Learning objectives include

Learning Objectives

*         Develop stakeholder mapping skills

*         Calculating the net present value of stakeholder engagement

*         Building trust with stakeholders

*         Strategic communications

*         Organizational mindset

*         Manage internal team dynamics

To learn more, see http://www.prendo.com/kerovka and contact Alastair Giffin [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Guy Giffin [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Best,

Vit

Witold (Vit) Jerzy Henisz
Deloitte & Touche Professor of Management in Honor of Russell E. Palmer, former Managing Partner
Doctoral Coordinator, Management Department
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
3107 Steinberg Hall - Dietrich Hall, 3620 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6370
Phone: (215) 898-0788
Fax: (215) 898-0401
Email: [log in to unmask]<https://webmail.wharton.upenn.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=dc8db80c522241b19abb016b10a3d0af&URL=mailto%3ahenisz%40wharton.upenn.edu>
Web: http://mgmt.wharton.upenn.edu/people/faculty.cfm?id=1327

Want to learn more about Corporate Diplomacy<http://www.corporatediplomacy.com/>: Building Reputations and Relationships with External Stakeholders?
-          Buy the book from Amazon<http://www.amazon.com/Corporate-Diplomacy-Reputations-Relationships-Stakeholders/dp/1783530553> , Stylus (US)<http://gre.styluspub.com/Books/BookDetail.aspx?productID=395394> or Greenleaf (Rest of World)<http://www.greenleaf-publishing.com/productdetail.kmod?productid=3798>. Read Advance praise here<http://mgmt5.wharton.upenn.edu/henisz/Book/endorsements.pdf>
-          Explore the portal at Corporate Diplomacy<http://www.corporatediplomacy.com/>; Join the LinkedIn Group<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=7472510>; or follow me on Twitter @whenisz<https://twitter.com/whenisz>
-          Watch my free Webinar<http://bcove.me/g4qcxzes> and inquire about an open enrollment or custom offering of Wharton School's Executive Education Program<http://executiveeducation.wharton.upenn.edu/for-individuals/all-programs/corporate-diplomacy>;
-          See the press coverage at Smarter Business Blog<http://tobiaswebb.blogspot.com/2014/04/corporate-diplomacy-and-stakeholder.html>, Wharton@Work<http://execed-news.wharton.upenn.edu/wharton-at-work/1401/corporate-diplomacy-1401.cfm>, Brunswick Review<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brunswickgroup.com%2Fdownload.ashx%3Fimageid%3D2343&ei=s_uUUorMOKrjsASsioGAAg&usg=AFQjCNF7Di5EAt8Csx6RuOqmtWzwFzt3yg&sig2=rYJRZXJARdw0L7dx-SpzYg&bvm=bv.57155469,d.cWc>, Investor Relations Web Report<http://irwebreport.com/20110804/stakeholder-engagement-witold-henisz/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=stakeholder-engagement-witold-henisz>, K@W <http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article.cfm?articleid=2814> , TriplePundit<http://www.triplepundit.com/2011/08/stakeholder-engagment-mining-operations/>, and the PennGazette<http://www.upenn.edu/gazette/0112/expert.html>
-          Read book review at SustainableBrands<http://www.sustainablebrands.com/news_and_views/stakeholder_trends_insights/erik_wohlgemuth/review_corporate_diplomacy_building_reput>. See K@W interview here<http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/building-relationships-external-stakeholders-2/>.