Hunter Park GardenHouse Internship
GardenHouse volunteer shifts are held Monday-Saturday, 10am-12pm. Allen Neighborhood Centerís Hunter Park GardenHouse is offering 1-2 unpaid internships.
This person will serve as Hunter Park GardenHouse Intern who will:
- Serve as Hunter Park GardenHouse shift leader 1-2 times per week (guide-by-the-side with volunteers to plant, harvest, water, weed, etc., and engage with visitors).
- Document GardenHouse programs through social media (update Facebook with photos & updates).
- Work with the GardenHouse Director to develop and implement GardenHouse projects (i.e. crop planning, seedling care, plant sale event planning, educational workshops, etc.).
- Commitment to 6-10 hours per week (January- May 2015 or longer, if possible).
- Desire and ability to engage with a diverse group of people, particularly those living in low-income neighborhoods.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media (Facebook) and basic photography.
We are able to partner with academic institutions to provide this internship for college credit.