Hello,

We have a student coming in this afternoon to take an exam. The exam is apparently here:

http://wwe.math.msu.edu/webwork2/mth

When I ping this address, it resolves to 35.9.72.196. I want to restrict the machine the student will be using so it can only access  this site. Questions:

If I set a firewall rule based on this single IP, will that suffice, or does this site resolve to multiple IPs? Will any content within the exam resolve to servers at another IP? Are there any alternatives to an IP based rule for doing this?

Thanks for any assistance,

Al Puzzuoli

Information Technologist

Michigan State University,

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities,  120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915

http://www.rcpd.msu.edu