From: Leslie K. Houang [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Voice to Text Transcription Software

Wondering if anybody can help me locate some decent voice to text transcription software.  The basic scenario is that we have groups that do digital recordings of meetings.  These digital recordings need to be transcribed into minutes of the meeting.  The person who has to transcribe the recordings sometimes encounters situations in which one person or another at a meeting digresses from the main content and sometimes speaks off the top their head. There may be incomplete sentences and so difficult for the listener on playback of the recording to follow the gist of the conversation without lots of tedious repetition.  We are wondering if there is a decent voice to text program that could assist the person doing the transcription. I'd really appreciate others experience and wisdom. Thank you so much!

Leslie K. Houang
Office of the Provost
Information Technology Professional
517-355-6464