From: Leslie K. Houang [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MSUNAG] Voice to Text Transcription Software

Wondering if anybody can help me locate some decent voice to text
transcription software.  The basic scenario is that we have groups that do
digital recordings of meetings.  These digital recordings need to be
transcribed into minutes of the meeting.  The person who has to transcribe
the recordings sometimes encounters situations in which one person or
another at a meeting digresses from the main content and sometimes speaks
off the top their head. There may be incomplete sentences and so difficult
for the listener on playback of the recording to follow the gist of the
conversation without lots of tedious repetition.  We are wondering if there
is a decent voice to text program that could assist the person doing the
transcription. I'd really appreciate others experience and wisdom. Thank you
so much!

Leslie K. Houang
Office of the Provost
Information Technology Professional