Recently NMU hosted our 9th annual UNITED conference.  UNITED stands for uniting neighbors in the experience of diversity.  The conference is sponsored in part by KCP Visiting Professors funding and by 4/S funding.  The rest of the conference is paid for by different departments across campus.  This year Tracey Taylor attended and was excited about what we were doing here and asked me to share the link.  Not all presentations have been recorded at the request of the presenter.

Each year a committee gets together to plan who to invite, find out who is available, and plan all the logistics of getting presenters here.  There are 7 tracks including United in Diversity; United in Film; United in Music, Dance and Theater; United in Art; United in Research; United in Food; and United in Service.    Some faculty bring their classes to specific presentations while others offer extra credit for student attendance.

You can see this year’s presentations as well as link to other years at http://www.nmu.edu/united

Shirley

Shirley Brozzo, Associate Director

Multicultural Education & Resource Center

3001 C.B. Hedgcock

Marquette, MI  49855

Phone:  906-227-1554

Fax:         906-227-1740