Dear Colleagues,

How are you ? I am Dr. Mark Munoz, a Professor of Management and International Business at the Millikin University in Illinois.

I am working on a book entitled “Strategies for University Management” (with Dr. Neal King, Chairman of the International Association of University Presidents). We hope you can join us in this effort.

This is a ground-breaking book that aims to showcase the best practices and most innovative thinking in university management. Top-performing university presidents and academic administrators are invited to write a 10-page essay and share their views on topics related to university management. This book is being positioned as the ultimate reference guide that will shape the thinking of future leaders in academia.

Essay topics included in the book include : Setting the academic vision and brand, Creating a strong academic foundation, Effective communication, Managing infrastructure and technology, Online education, Internationalization, Enrollment management, Managing diversity, Faculty development, Dealing with high tuition, Best practices in fundraising, Building an effective management team, Meaningful relationships with students, faculty and staff, Financial management, Creating an effective strategic plan, Community outreach and development, Dealing with the board, and Forming  strategic alliances and partnerships.

Might you be interested in being one of our chapter contributors ? Perhaps you can forward this note to your Dean or University President ?

Contributors will submit a 10-page (double-spaced) essay on one of the topics above. I need to receive a copy of the essay by June 30, 2015.

Please let me know if this might be of interest. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Dr. J. Mark Munoz

Professor, Management and International Business

Tabor School of Business

Millikin University

Tel (217) 420-6762 ; (217) 433-1425

E-mail : [log in to unmask]