Dear colleagues:

I am organising a workshop in Almaty for young researchers based in the UK and Kazakhstan. The theme of the workshop is the impact of emerging economies and their enterprises. We'll fund 30 young scholars (15 from the UK and 15 from Kazakhstan) to participate the workshop. I hope the workshop theme is of interest to you and look forward to your submissions. We welcome papers/abstracts from a broad range of disciplines. A brief description of the workshop is below and please follow the link below for further details and application form.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/education/science/current-opportunities/Kazakhstan-workshop-emerging-economies

Best wishes,

Shaowei He
Senior Lecture
University of Northampton

Call for Papers and Research Proposals
The Impact of Emerging Economies and their Multinational Enterprises on the World Economy
Workshop for Early-Career Researchers
Almaty, Kazakhstan
26-28 February 2015

Purpose of Workshop

The University of Northampton Business School  (UK), and Kazakh-British Technical University Business School (Kazakhstan), in Association with Brunel University (UK) and KIMEP University (Kazakhstan), are holding a workshop for early-career researchers under the British Council Newton-Al-Farabi 'Research Links' Programme, in association with the JSC Science Fund. This is part of a major initiative to promote long-term research links between universities and research institutions in the UK and Kazakhstan, and is designed to connect early career researchers and established research faculty in both countries, and to undertake joint research, which can be published in international journals.

The three-day workshop will be held at Kazakh-British Technical University Business School (KBTU Business School), Almaty, Kazakhstan. The aim of the workshop is to provide an opportunity for early career researchers to meet and discuss papers both with peers and with more established scholars who will give constructive feedback on participants' research proposals, which will enhance both their research network and their likelihood of their publication. The workshop will also be used to explore the possibility of establishing a global research network focusing on emerging economy multinational enterprises (EMNEs).

A contribution to travel and accommodation expenses is available to selected participants under this programme (£1,000 to participants based in the UK and £400 equivalent to those based in Kazakhstan).

Dr. Shaowei He
Senior Lecturer

Northampton Business School, University of Northampton, Boughton Green Road, Northampton, NN2 7AL
UK, Telephone: +44 (0)1604 892163

Please note my recent publication:  Assessing Overall Network Structure in Regional Innovation Policies: A Case Study of Cluster Policy in the West Midlands in the UK,
available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09654313.2013.812066#.UicYuKycGfQ,

We offer our students a unique experience, focused on enriching employability skills through placements, work experience and volunteering opportunities. We have a 96% student employability rate. Our National Student Survey (NSS) student satisfaction rate is 89%, above sector average. The University of Northampton is one of just nine UK universities in the Top 30 for both student satisfaction and employability.

Ranked in the Top 50 Universities in the UK, social innovation and social change is at the heart of all we do. We were awarded Changemaker Campus status by Ashoka U, a leading global network of social entrepreneurs, in 2013; the first University in the UK to be given this prestigious award.

Find out more on our website: www.northampton.ac.uk/about-us

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.