International Business School at Vilnius University - Academic Positions

About this job

International Business School at Vilnius University (VU IBS) is one of Lithuania’s first and leading business schools, celebrating its 25 years of successful performance. Following a recent organizational restructure and the continued growth of our activities in search for novelty and change, we are inviting motivated applicants to join us in developing new academic and business directions.

We seek to fill an academic position for a full-time or limited term appointment in the areas of:

·         Business Administration

·         Marketing

·         Finance

·         Project Management

Successful candidates will:

·         be required to carry out teaching by providing courses, seminars, and consultations;

·         will engage in research and scholarship, with particular emphasis on the needs of business (entrepreneur) practitioners;

·         lead the design and development of study programmes;

·         conduct applied research and take on academic responsibilities such as thesis supervision;

·         commit to working with corporate partners and partner universities worldwide.

Position and qualification requirements:
Applicants who are interested in VU IBS to teach in the undergraduate and graduate programmes are welcome to apply for a position to join the school’s Faculty:

·         Successful candidate(s) should have a Doctor‘s degree relevant to the specific subject and present excellent records of teaching and of practical professional experience (in the field outside academia).

·         Individuals will have published, or will have in the pipeline, articles in academic and/or practitioner-oriented journals, commensurate with the candidate’s career stage.

·         Strong preference is given to the bilingual candidates able to speak both the English and Lithuanian languages (e.g.: the Lithuanian-Americans; Lithuanians who graduated from the foreign higher education institutions; etc.).

Applicants should provide:

·         a letter of application (cover/motivational letter)

·         a Curriculum vitae (resume)

·         two letters of recommendation

Our offers:

·         A challenging job in an international, dynamic and professional environment.

·         Synergy between theory and practice.

·         A strong academic and business network.

·         Salary and contract duration are the objects of the personal discussion.

Starting date: These positions are available to begin in September, 2015
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Primary contact:
Dr. Jurgita Vizgirdaite
Faculty Affairs and Development Coordinator
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Tel.: +370 615 27762
Skype: jurgita.vizgirdaite

For further information, see our website: http://www.tvm.vu.lt/en/main/about/ibs

ERIKA VAIGINIENE, Ph.D.  I  Head of Academic Division

International Business School at Vilnius University

Sauletekio av. 22  I  LT-10225  I  Vilnius  I  Lithuania

Phone: +370 5 236 6897

Mobile: +370 611 54664

[log in to unmask]   I  www.tvm.vu.lt

EFMD_logo_for_printing EFMD Certified Research Director

EMRBI logo1 Country Director

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

International Business School at Vilnius University - first business school in Lithuania celebrating 25 years in Business education.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

International Business (BSc)

International Marketing and Trade (MSc)

International Project Management (MSc) More information...

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

VU IBS  is involved in the project, which is carrying out multidimensional "U-Multirank“ ratings. http://www.umultirank.org