October 11, 2014

 Dear AIB friends,

            The Allied Academies (a very
prestigious organization) has announced to publish a special issue of its Journal
of International Business Research with me as its Editor. We are
looking for articles (both for this special issue, and also for the Allied
Academies’ upcoming conferences) based upon aspects of global economics and
trade (see examples below).

            Please
forward this information to your colleagues/contacts. I look forward to your
participation.

 Sincerely,

Narendra C. Bhandari, Ph.D.

Professor of Management

Pace University

New York, NY 10038

Examples of Global Economics Topics

·
Import, export,
barter, balance of trade, trade deficit, effects on employment and wages, trade
equilibrium, etc.

·
Offshoring, insourcing, foreign direct investment, etc.

·
Free trade zone, free and fair trade, comparative advantage, competitive
advantage, etc.

·
Cost, insurance, freight, documents, etc.

·
Trade
barriers: Tariffs, quotas, licenses, subsidies, bribery, exchange rate controls, voluntary export restraints, etc.

·
International
Monetary Fund, World Bank, European Union, World Trade Organization, etc.

Examples of Topics Based Upon Bhandari’s
theory of Trade Equilibrium (as published in the Journal of International
Business Studies, 2014, No. 1, pp. 91-104)

·
Effects
of on the current (incomplete, lopsided) discussions on insourcing and
offshoring.

·
The
multiplier effects of this model on investments, employment, growth, and peace

·
Effects
of eliminating additional U.S. trade deficit on the U.S. public debt, Social
Security Fund, U.S. tax expenditures, etc.

·
Where
would these dollars coming home go; how they would be invested? How investments
in U.S. industries would affect its manufacturing industries; and vice versa.

·
Could
these dollars, owned by foreigners, be invested in the U.S. defense industries?

·
Effects
on the American national pride, security, and economic independence.

·
Effects
on the economy and jobs of the trade-deficit countries such as Spain.

·
Effects
on the economy and jobs of the trade-surplus countries such as China and Japan:
On their return on investment, infrastructure, etc.

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]
AIB-L is a moderated list.