There are number of questions that you can adopt from studies mostly coming out of sociology - I'm providing links that will send you to sets of questions. The best resources are surveys run by the Yale Project on Climate Change Communication, Pew, and the Center for Climate Communication at George Mason.

http://www.rff.org/centers/climate_and_electricity_policy/Pages/Surveying-American-Attitudes-toward-Climate-Change-and-Clean-Energy.aspx
http://talkingclimate.org/guides/public-perceptions-of-climate-change/
http://www.climatechangecommunication.org/report/climate-change-american-mind-series-fall-2013

Closer to home (academically), Karen McNeal might have more specific recommendations based on her work - I know she recently published a paper related to affect and climate change.