*Advance notice:
The 2015 Reading-UNCTAD IB Conference:*

*'*Contemporary issues in International Business Theory*'
and Rugman memorial
*

13-- 14 June 2015

Henley Business School at the University of Reading is delighted to
announce the fifth Reading-UNCTAD International Business Conference,
taking place in June 2015, organized in collaboration with the United
Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). This is the fifth
in a conference series that takes place biennially. These distinctive
conferences have become something of a tradition in the IB community,
not only because we seek -- as is the tradition at Reading -- to look at
things from a conceptual, 'big picture' level, but also because we
emphasise a critical (and we believe, healthy) balance between disciplines.

The conference - which is traditionally held in April - has been moved
to June, in memory of Alan Rugman. A plenary session, commemorating and
extending Alanšs work by prominent scholars (including Julian Birkinshaw
from LBS, and Geoffrey Jones from Harvard) will be organized on the
first day. We will hold a memorial on the evening of the 13th, so that
people may share their reminiscences about the life and work of Alan in
an informal setting.

In addition to our usual parallel sessions (at which papers on all
aspect of IB are welcome), we will also be organising a number of
sessions  on topics building on Alan's oeuvre, subdivided into 4
categories (international diversification; internalization theory; MNE -
government relations in the context of FDI; regionalization). Plans are
underway to publish a book and special issues. Further details will be
announced later.

We will be putting out a full call for papers soon. Please mark these
dates in your diaries!

Rajneesh Narula
Professor of International Business Regulation
Director, John H. Dunning Centre for International Business
Henley Business School
University of Reading, UK
http://www.henley.ac.uk/dunning

For assistance:  [log in to unmask]