Hola Colegas

I recently completed a paper with a Doctoral student in which we studied emotional intelligence in several countries. These countries were selected based on their Hofstede and Globe profile on certain dimensions. We then contrasted the scores from each country using ANOVA and Regression. The data points would be a total EI score for each subject in each country with an indicator variable for the country of origin.  We have just gotten a question from the reviewer as to whether this is an individual level study (in which case Hofstede is not valid) or country level. In the regression version we did control for demographics such as age, experience, gender etc. My own perception is that since Hofstede/Globe was only used to select the countries prior to the study this is a country level study. However I know this is a gray area and I would welcome some input and if possible references.

Atentemente/Sincerely

Stephen.B. Salter

Stephen B. Salter Ph.D

Professor of Accounting & Endowed Chair of Western Hemispheric Trade/

Profesor de la Contabilidad y del Comercio Hemisférico Occidental

Department of Accounting

University of Texas at El Paso

El Paso TX 79968-0542

Phone : (915) 747-7755