Dear Friends,

I’d welcome your reactions to a new piece I’ve written in the current issue of the Harvard Business Review (September 2014), titled Contextual Intelligence.  It’s an attempt to synthesize my roughly two decades of work in IB, exclusively related to emerging markets. I try particularly to address the question of what it takes to move business models from one location to another, to experiment intelligently in different contextual settings and so on, core IB issues to many of us. I hope it provokes some thoughts.  The introduction can be found at this Harvard Business Publishing site:

http://hbr.org/2014/09/contextual-intelligence/ar/1

Many thanks,

Tarun Khanna

Director, South Asia Institute, Harvard University

Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor, Harvard Business School

Morgan Hall 221, Soldiers Field Road, Boston, MA 02163

Phone: 617 495 6038; Fax 617 495 0355

 www.tarunkhanna.org