That depends on how user set up their spam handling preference.  By
default, mail.msu.edu will mark a message as SPAM and deliver the
message to your inbox.  But users can have SPAM marked messages
delivered to their SPAM or Trash folders.  There is a webpage in
webmail called MSU Prefs where user's can set this behavior.

Word of caution to POP users, you should use the default behavior
(leave in inbox) so messages aren't inaccessible if the message is
delivered to the SPAM folder.

Messages are marked as SPAM in the Subject line like so:

Subject: *****SPAM***** blah blah blah

Thanks.