Here are the three most recent reviews - they cover some common literature, but not all:

Francek, M. (2013). A Compilation and Review of over 500 Geoscience Misconceptions. International Journal of Science Education, 35(1), 31–64.

Cheek, K. A. (2010). Commentary: A summary and analysis of twenty-seven years of geoscience conceptions research. Journal of Geoscience Education, 58(3), 122–134.

King, C. (2008). Geoscience education: an overview. Studies in Science Education, 44(2), 187–222.

On Aug 23, 2014, at 3:49 PM, "Anderson, Jennifer L" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi All –
>
> I am familiar with lists of misconceptions in physics and life sciences, but has anyone done work on compiling misconceptions in geoscience or Earth & space science?
>
> Cheers – Jennifer
>
> Jennifer L. B. Anderson, Ph.D.
>
> Professor of Geoscience
> Winona State University
> Pasteur 128, (507) 457-2457
>
> I know nothing with any certainty,
>      but the sight of stars makes me dream…
>                                            -- Vincent van Gogh

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program