Dear MSU Colleague:

You are invited to attend the 40th annual /AVS-MI Chapter Symposium/
"*Thin films for Energy Storage and Conversion Applications*"  which
will take place on Monday, *August 25th* in the Michigan State
University campus.

  * Come and enjoy talks by expert in the film; see the student poster
    exhibit; learn what is new in equipment from our vendors and meet
    with local scientist and engineer working in the field.
  *
  * The topics of this one day symposium will cover atomic layer
    deposition, molecular layer deposition, plasma synthesis ... and
    applications will range from lithium ion batteries to solar cells.

Our keynote speakers are Stephen Forrest (U of Michigan) and Nancy
Dudney (Oak Ridge National Lab).

The closing talking will be given by Dr.  Zhibo Zhao (First Solar). Dr.
Zhao is a MSU CHEMS alumni and his thesis advisor is Professor Grummon!

  * Please register now at http://wwwdev.egr.msu.edu/avs2014/ to enjoy
    the early registration fee, which has been kept very low ($40 for
    AVS members or $50 for non-members, free for students with posters)
    over the years for this traditional event.
  *
  * Students with poster will enjoy free registration and compete for
    cash poster awards. Please submit your abstract before Aug. 15^th .

  * Please see the attached flyer for detailed schedule and directions.

Do not hesitate to contact me ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)  for more information, looking forward to
see you there.

*Yue, Richard and Pilar*

Dr. Yue Qi

Associate Professor

Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science

3509 Engineering Building, 428 S. Shaw Lane

Michigan State University, East Lansing, 48824

Phone: 517-432-1243

Fax: 517-432-1105

Email: [log in to unmask]

Homepage: https://researchgroups.msu.edu/msce