Of possible interest to folks….

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Jessica Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Center (UROC) at California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB) is recruiting for three positions – Associate Director, Curriculum Associate, and Research Associate. Please see details below and online (at http://uroc.csumb.edu/job-opportunities). We’re looking for dedicated people who are eager to work in a scholarly, high-paced, and collaborative environment. We will begin reviewing applications in mid-July and I'd greatly appreciate it if you could help us spread the word.
>
> Associate Director. The Associate Director implements UROC's vision and mission, and leads program development and delivery; hires, trains, and manages staff; oversees grant administration and the fiscal management of UROC; collaborates on grant proposal development; manages private fundraising efforts; oversees the development of UROC marketing materials and website content; disseminates UROC's findings; and participates in UROC’s engagement in the national undergraduate research dialogue.
>
> Curriculum Associate.
> The Curriculum Associate is responsible for designing and delivering curriculum and program services for UROC and CSUMB's newly-funded National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Program. Responsibilities include developing and delivering a robust two-year UROC research seminar curriculum; collaborating with faculty to incorporate undergraduate research into the curriculum; overseeing REU program administration, reporting, and evaluation; developing and delivering REU workshops and online training; developing a vibrant online presence and UROC website; preparing funding proposals related to curriculum development, delivery, and assessment; and developing and delivering conference presentations, journal articles, and reports on curriculum programming and training models.
>
> Research Associate.
> The Research Associate is responsible for designing and delivering program services for students, program partners, and research mentors; developing and maintaining UROC's undergraduate research partnerships with CSUMB faculty, and with regional, statewide, national, and international research programs; identifying undergraduate research placements, overseeing student research experiences, and monitoring student progress; supporting the development of student research talks, posters, and publications; providing UROC mentor training to faculty, graduate students, and research partners; developing funding proposals; and publishing UROC's undergraduate research and mentoring models in peer-reviewed journals, and presenting at national conferences.
>
> Thank you!
> Jessica
>
> ====
> Jessica Brown
> Assistant Director
> [...]

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program