All:

We have two openings in the Geoscience Education Division at GSA. Please see note below - Chris Atchison and I are the rising officers, so it should be oodles of fun!

Take care
Julie

The Geoscience Education Division of the Geological Society of America is soliciting individuals interested in serving as officers for the division.  We seek to fill the Second Vice Chair and Secretary/Treasurer positions; each position is a three year commitment. The Second Vice Chair serves for one year, and then moves into the First Vice Chair and Chair positions in subsequent years.

DUTIES:
The Second Vice Chair assists with soliciting nominations for the Biggs Award and Student Travel Awards, participates in decisions about awards, assists in organizing abstracts for Geoscience Education Division oral and poster sessions at the annual meeting, and attends division meetings electronically throughout the year and in person during the annual meeting.

The Secretary/Treasurer keeps a written record of meeting minutes, prepares annual budget reports, and assists as needed with budgeting for sponsored gatherings at the meeting.

We encourage individuals to nominate themselves. All nominees will appear on a ballot that will be sent to Division members. Please send all nominations to Elizabeth Heise <[log in to unmask]> by July 31.