Dear Friends,

To help you plan for the forthcoming AOM meeting and your trip, let us share with you two upcoming CMSC events that will take place at the Academy in August. You can find complete information here: http://www.mingjerchen.com/activities/cmsc/2014-cmsc-events-2/

First, as in the past, we will have our open reunion from 7-10 p.m. on Saturday (August 2, this year) at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown (1201 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107), Grand Ballroom Salon H (please note that the venue has been changed from our prior announcement). Yu Zhang ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) of University of California-Irvine and Yan Ling of George Mason University ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) will be in charge of the event.

CMSC-Reunion <Link: 2014 Program Outline<http://www.mingjerchen.com/activities/cmsc/reunion/2014-program-outline/>> <Register here<http://www.mingjerchen.com/2014-cmsc-reunion-registration/>> (before July 15th)

Second, we will also offer the research forum (CMSC-RF) that we launched in 2012; it will be held from 5-10 p.m. on Tuesday, August 5 at LeBow College of Business, Drexel University (The Academy activities will end at 5 p.m.). Haibin Yang ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) of the City University of Hong Kong and Brian Xun Wu of the University of Michigan ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) will coordinate CMSC-RF.

CMSC-Research Forum <Link: 2014 Program Outline<http://www.mingjerchen.com/activities/cmsc/research-forum/2014-program-outline/>> <Register here<http://www.mingjerchen.com/2014-cmsc-research-forum-registration/>> (before July 15th)

IMPORTANT: Please note that pre-registration is needed. If interested, please register online. For any logistical questions, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Haibin Yang ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) of City University of Hong Kong and Qing Cao and ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) of the University of Connecticut will be responsible for the overall coordination this year.

The Chinese Management Scholars¡¯ Community (CMSC) is an informal, open-platform community that offers career-related services to Chinese (or Chinese-speaking) management scholars.  Our community represents a grass-roots, voluntary effort initiated by individuals who are bonded by common interests and values.  We are guided by our mission, to pass the baton (‚÷³Ğ), and our core values derive from the ¡°middle¡± or ¡°zhong¡± (ÖĞ) philosophy: integrity, harmony, balance, integration, dynamics, and independence.  Founded in 2006 by Ming-Jer Chen (http://<http://www.darden.virginia.edu/web/Faculty-Research/Directory/Full-time/Ming-Jer-Chen/>www.mingjerchen.com<http://www.mingjerchen.com/>) as a small ¡°workshop¡± for Chinese scholars in strategic management dedicated to the development of well-balanced business academics, the group is now composed of 200-some members.  Our current focus is on serving scholars in the macro management area, and we offer the following member-centered programs: 1) CMSC-Workshop; 2) CMSC-Reunion; 3) CMSC-RF (Research Forum); 4) CMSC-TF (Teaching Forum); 5) CMSC-Camp (Mentors¡¯ Camp).

Best wishes,

The 2014 CMSC Team

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.