It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Professor Alan
Rugman passed away this morning after a brief illness.

Alan Rugman was Head of International Business & Strategy at the Henley
Business School at the University of Reading. Previously he had held
appointments at University of Oxford, Indiana University, University of
Toronto and Visiting Appointments at Harvard University, Columbia
Business School, UCLA and other leading universities in North America,
Europe and Asia. Alan was an outstanding academic, and a leading figure
in both International Business and Management. He was President of the
AIB from 2004-6.

Many will remember him as a valued colleague and friend; others will
recall his zest for a good intellectual debate. All will remember his
passion for his work and his sparkling wit.

I am sure you will join us in expressing our heartfelt condolences to
Helen and his family for their loss.

I will update you further with details of any memorial arrangements.

Rajneesh Narula
Professor of International Business Regulation
Director, John H. Dunning Centre for International Business
Henley Business School
University of Reading, UK

http://www.henley.ac.uk/dunning
<http://s.wisestamp.com/links?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.henley.reading.ac.uk%2Fdunning>