You are invited!

Garden Project Annual Community Garden Tour (routes highlighted below!)

Thursday, July 17 5:30-8:00

Resource Center [log in to unmask],-84.5176442,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8822c2014d22cd67:0x4f76e9af8c520bc8">2401 Marcus St.

Bus, Bike, or Walk!

The tour is a choose your own adventure-style, as we offer a walk, bike, or bus ride (courtesy of Dean Transportations) through our network of gardens in the Lansing area. Choose the multi-modal transportation option that best suits you and your interest. Each tour will visit gardens in neighborhoods, on school grounds, tucked in apartment complexes, and many other surprising locations.

To kick things off, there will be a potluck and snacks at our Foster Park Resource Center ([log in to unmask],-84.5176442,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8822c2014d22cd67:0x4f76e9af8c520bc8">2401 Marcus St.), as well as a welcome from local organizations and partners. Show off your cooking skills by bringing a dish to pass or simply show up for a fun evening.

Tours will be leaving from the Resource Center by 6:00pm and returning around 8:00pm.

As always, anyone is welcome to join us!

We have limited space available for the bus, unlimited space for biking and walking. Please RSVP by calling 517-853-7809, or by e-mail at [log in to unmask].

Tour Routes:

Bus – Centered around gardens in East Lansing/Meridian Township, including Edgewood Village, Capital City Vineyard, Marsh Pointe and more.

Bike – A special trip over to A Garden of Grace and the South Lansing Farmers Market, Shabazz Elementary School Garden, and others near the 496 corridor. A good trip along the river trail!

Walk – Leaving from the Resource Center at Foster Park, we’ll see 8-10 gardens in under 2 miles, including Paradise, Learning Leaves, Half Barn Farm and other Ingham County Land Bank and Greater Lansing Food Bank garden sites.

Check out the attached tour poster for printing and share.

For more information about the Garden Project, visit www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org/gardenproject

For up to date tour information visit https://www.facebook.com/events/1468140843424400/

Alex Bryan | garden project manager

greater lansing food bank

mailing: p.o. box 16224 | lansing, mi 48901

office: 919 filley | lansing, mi 48906

p: 517.853.7809 f: 517.853.7817 | www.greaterlansingfoodbank.org

Serving Eaton, Ingham, Clinton, Shiawassee, Gratiot, Isabella & Clare counties.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

FaceBook-icon  Twitter-icon   You-Tube-icon