[log in to unmask]" alt="Description: PGUS_mainlogo_h_187PC">

University of Victoria

PO Box 1700 STN CSC

Victoria BC V8W 2Y2

Canada

Tel 250-472-4139

Fax 250-721-6613

www.gustavson.uvic.ca

[log in to unmask]" alt="Description: AACSB blue.jpg"> [log in to unmask]" alt="Description: EQUIS colour.jpg">

UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA— The Peter B. Gustavson School of Business invites applications from talented scholars to fill a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level in the area of International Marketing.

The Gustavson School is a pioneer and leader in both undergraduate and graduate level international business education and a major contributor to international management research.  The educational programs and research benefit from a strong interdisciplinary approach.  There are currently 17 faculty members representing multiple disciplines who form the teaching and research core of the international business group. Our international exchange program is the largest in Canada with 85 active partner universities in over 40 countries, and we continue to expand steadily into new regions.

Scholarship and teaching at the Gustavson School are strongly aligned around our three areas of specialization: International Business, Service Management and Entrepreneurship.  Our faculty are recognized research leaders and we seek to complement and extend our research program with a gifted scholar who has the ability to publish in top management journals and add to our already vibrant research community.

Successful candidates should also enhance our award-winning, integrative, full-immersion, experientially enriched Undergraduate, Master’s and PhD programs.

Applicants for this position should have earned a PhD (or be ABD) and have a teaching and research record that is commensurate with the expectations of academic rank at the School of Business.

Our approach to learning is international, integrative, innovative, and sustainable. Therefore, we are interested in applicants with a global and interdisciplinary orientation. The experiential dimension in our academic programs includes a mandatory co-op program for all undergraduate students, international exchanges, and overseas co-op work opportunities. In line with this approach, a candidate’s business experience would be highly valued, as would international experience.

The University of Victoria is a medium-sized public institution, recognized nationally as one of the best comprehensive universities in Canada. The Peter B. Gustavson School of Business provides Bachelor of Commerce, Masters of Business Administration and Masters of Global Business degrees – all of which have an international curriculum and a strong co-op component   – as well as a PhD in International Management and Organization. Gustavson is one of the few North American schools that is accredited by both the European Federation of Management Development (EQUIS) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).

As well as having the university’s strong research and teaching community, Victoria is located in one of the most beautiful parts of North America. We enjoy a very moderate west coast climate with an active cultural scene as well as easy access to all types of outdoor activities.

Please send a letter of application with curriculum vitae, appropriate evidence of research and teaching skills and three references to: Saul Klein, Dean, Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria, PO Box 1700, STN CSC, Victoria, BC  V8W 2Y2, telephone: (250) 721-6068, e-mail: [log in to unmask], website: www.gustavson.uvic.ca

The University of Victoria is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.

Persons with disabilities, who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process, may contact Grace Wong Sneddon, Adviser to the Provost on Equity and Diversity at (250) 721-6143. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.

Consideration of applications will begin on August 6, 2014. Representatives from the Gustavson School will be available to meet interested candidates at the AIB, AOM and AMA conferences this summer.