Request for your assistance: Motivations for International Strategic Alliances: A Comparative Study of Developed and Developing Countries

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am an Assistant Professor at the College of Business and Economics, Qatar University. I am conducting a research entitled ‘Motivations for International Strategic Alliances: A Comparative Study of Developed and Developing Countries’. In so doing, I have selected USA and UK to represent developed countries and Qatar and United Arab Emirates as developing countries. The research methodology implemented by the researcher requires using case studies based on in-depth interviews with the companies’ top executives.

I would be very grateful if you could help me in fixing appointments with decision makers at some companies in UK which have implemented strategic alliances and/or joint ventures in developing countries. The aim is to answer few questions about the factors that motivated these companies to expand globally to form strategic alliances and/ or joint ventures in developing countries. The researcher is willing to conduct the interviews anywhere in UK and any date between July 26 and August 15.

I would like to assure you that any information provided as well as names will be treated with a high degree of CONFIDENTIALITY and ANONYMITY. I very much hope that you will spare a little of your valuable time to help me with this useful academic research.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and I look forward to receiving filled questionnaires and hearing from you an appointment to start interviews.

Best regards,

Dr. Yasir Yasin, PhD.

Assistant Professor

Management and Marketing Department