Dear Fellow AIB Members,

I know this is a bit late in the game, but I am interested in putting together a panel for track 9 - The Final Frontier: Sustainable Business in Developing Markets - at this years AIB-Southeast Conference (late October).  The description of track 9 is as follows:

We encourage papers that examine institutional and sustainability aspects of emerging economies and the challenges these pose for MNEs and Institutions. This track invites manuscripts that examine how institutions in emerging versus developed economies influence the behavior and performance MNEs. We encourage submissions that bridge the gap between theory and practice, and explore links between complementary disciplines (such as political science, sociology, psychology, anthropology, business history and economics) and IB. We welcome submissions that examine how changes in the economic and institutional environments in developed and emerging economies affect traditional patterns of firm-state-NGO interactions.

I am especially interested in a panel that would address the four elements that most likely will provide the foundation for the UN's Sustainable Development Goals: poverty alleviation; social inclusion; good governance; protection of the environment.  Interdisciplinary work is most welcome.

The deadline for submissions is June 15th, so ideally I would need to hear back from interested parties no later than June 13th.  As usually is the case with panel submissions, I will need an abstract of your work, a brief description of it, your contact information, and assurance that you will attend the conference if the panel is accepted.  I will then tailor the title and description of the panel to best fit the mix of work I receive.

My apologies for the late notice, but I'm hopeful a quality panel can be constructed.

Best,

John Dilyard, Ph.D.