From: Jason Paluszak [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MSUNAG] Exchange 2010 restore mailbox

It depends on how it was backed up I believe.  If you backed Exchange up with the proper Exchange "Agent" it will let you restore the mailboxes at what is called the "brick-level", so as to effectively avoid having to restore the ENTIRE .edb file.

If you did NOT do this however, I am pretty sure you will need to find a way (i.e. the additional space, such as maybe an external drive) and then restore the entire Exchange repository file and then selectively migrate or export the mailbox or mail from the one to the other mail store.

Can someone confirm this?  It's been a long time since my MS Mail / Exchange admin days.

Jason