Job opportunity for informal science education postdoc

Begin forwarded message:

> Informal Science Education Postdoctoral Research Associate starting in August 2014
> The SPIRALS program, Supporting and Promoting Rural and Indigenous Adolescents’ Learning of Science, at the University of New Hampshire (UNH) and funded by a National Science Foundation Informal Science Education (ISE) Award invites applications for a postdoctoral research associate in Informal Science Education and Adolescent Research. The position may be renewable for up to 2 years and may begin as early as July 2014..
> SPIRALS is focused on the impacts of contextualization on science learning, motivation and attitudes toward science.  The project incorporates mixed methods of data collection and analysis to examine how culture and community impact STEM learning.  The project team has a community-based participatory research orientation; therefore, local community group members provide expertise that contributes to the design of the curriculum and the research as well as the interpretation of the findings.  The The postdoctoral research associate will be instrumental in refining and implementing a curriculum to support community-based youth and school groups in New England explore a local sustainable practice through a systems-based approach.  In addition, the researcher will be responsible for implementing the project research plan including data analysis and writing manuscripts with the project leadership team.
>
> Required and Preferred Qualifications
> Required qualifications are:
> ·         a Ph.D. in science education or educational psychology;
> ·          a strong expertise in quantitative methodologies including multilevel modeling;
> ·         the abilities to prioritize tasks, to engage in long- and short-term planning,
> ·         and to handle a variety of demands simultaneously are critical.
>
> The following attributes, experiences and knowledge are preferred:
> ·         working directly with culturally diverse populations at many levels;
> ·          formal or informal teaching experience;
> ·         experience with databases, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills;
> ·         an understanding of adolescent development;
> ·         and knowledge of sustainability and systems thinking.
>
> Candidates should be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional travel, weekends, and extend hours during periods of intense activity.  We seek self-motivated, creative individuals who have excellent interpersonal, written and public speaking skills, and who can work both independently and as part of a team effort.
>
> Salary and Appointment
> [...]

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program