Science Teaching and Learning Fellow positions available at University of British Columbia

> -------
> Link to UBC Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences Science Teaching and Learning Fellow position ad: http://eos.ubc.ca/about/jobs/STLFjobposting_EOAS_May2014_v3.pdf
>

> Department of Earth, Ocean, & Atmospheric Sciences
> University of British Columbia
>
> Science Teaching and Learning Fellow
> One or more positions available
>
> The Department of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences (EOAS) at the University of British Columbia (UBC) invites applications for the position of Science Teaching and Learning Fellow (STLF) in an extension of the Earth & Ocean Sciences Science Education Initiative (EOS-SEI; http://eos.ubc.ca/research/cwsei/). The EOS-SEI was started as part of the Carl Wieman Science Education Initiative (CWSEI), a program for the improvement of undergraduate science education at UBC (http://cwsei.ubc.ca/). The appointments will be for one year initially and may be renewable for two additional years.  Appointments will be made at the 12-month lecturer level. The anticipated start date is 1 August 2014.
>
> We seek one or more individuals to join an existing team working to strengthen evidence-based teaching, learning and assessment in EOAS courses. The successful applicant(s) will: (1) Facilitate development, implementation and transfer of evidence-based pedagogies among instructors. This effort will use a model in which 2 or more faculty members, with varying experience using evidence-based practices, will co-teach, supported by an STLF. (2) Administer and evaluate assessments of student learning and perceptions. (3) Contribute to research and publication efforts in teaching and learning. (4) Teach one undergraduate course per year.
>
> The successful applicant(s) will have access to a wide range of professional development opportunities in the scholarship of teaching and learning, particularly in science education.
>
> Candidates should have (1) a PhD or MSc in Earth, Ocean, or Atmospheric Sciences, or in Education related to these disciplines; (2) undergraduate teaching experience (at least one year), (3) excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, (4) demonstrated personal commitment to science education, and (5) English fluency. Familiarity with current pedagogical research at the post-secondary level is desirable. Experience in developing educational materials or curriculum, and project management will be considered assets.

> [...]

Julie Libarkin
Associate Professor, Director - Geocognition Research Lab
Director for Educational Research - Center for Integrative Studies in General Science
Michigan State University
288 Farm Lane, 206 Natural Science
East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: 517-355-8369
https://www.msu.edu/~libarkin

Affiliations: Center for Integrative Studies in General Science, Department of Geological Sciences, Cognitive Science Program, Environmental Science and Policy Program