By comparing the official prices here
(US)<http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5s>and here
(CN) <http://store.apple.com/cn/buy-iphone/iphone5s>, the iPhone 5S costs
5288RMB in China (about 847.52USD), while in the US you can get it for
649.0USD.
So, yes, it is a little cheaper, but you should consider other factors when
buying a phone, such as warranty and returns.

The iPhone sold in US is the A1533, which is the GSM model. In China, there
are two models, the A1533, which is used for China Telecom and the A1530
(WCDMA/GSM) used by China Mobile. If you plan to use China Telecom, you can
get the phone in the US and it will work.

Good luck

Pedro Nariyoshi